Sign up for the second annual Dash and Splash fun run/walk! You’ll enjoy majestic views of the San Francisco Bay, Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge and more on this scenic route! The fun run/walk starts at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, Feb. 22, 2014 at 3260 Van Ness Ave, near Aquatic Park in San Francisco.
There are two different ways to sign up:
Dash 5K (Runner/Walker Only):
- Dash 5K registration before 12/31: $40
- Dash 5K registration 1/1-2/21: $45
- Dash 5K registration day-of: $50
- Participate in the 5K fun run/walk, receive a pair of Dash and Splash sunglasses and help Special Olympics!
- Want to go the extra mile and raise additional funds for Special Olympics? Register, raise a minimum of $100 (including registration fee) and receive a Dash and Splash t-shirt!
- Make sure to check out our runner resources here!
Dash and Splash (Runner/Walker and Plunger):
- Dash and Splash registration before 12/31: $40 5K fee at registration, additional $125 Polar Plunge fundraising or self donation
- Dash and Splash registration before 2/21: $45 5K fee at registration, additional $125 Polar Plunge fundraising or self donation
- Dash and Splash registration day-of: $50 5K fee at registration, additional $125 Polar Plunge fundraising or self donation
- Pay your registration fee, participate in the 5K fun run/walk, receive a pair of Dash and Splash sunglasses and help Special Olympics!
- Fundraise a minimum of $125 (in addition to your registration fee) to take the Plunge, receive a Polar Plunge hooded sweatshirt and admittance to the post-Plunge festivities!
- Want to go the extra mile and earn a Dash and Splash t-shirt? Then, raise an additional $100 (including registration fee) above any Polar Plunge incentive level
- Polar Plunge Incentive levels: $125, $300, $600, $1000, $2,500
- Make sure to check out our Dash and Splasher resources here!
Still have questions? Click here to check out the Dash and Splash FAQ page!
Dash and Splash Schedule:
8:30 a.m. – Registration Opens at Van Ness Parking lot
9:30 a.m. – Fun Run/Walk Begins
10 a.m. – Plunge Registration Opens
Noon – PLUNGE!
1 p.m. – Post Plunge Party
Every donation counts!
The 19,000 athletes in our program live in your communities – so the money you raise supports your neighbors with intellectual disabilities. Special Olympics provides free year-round athletic opportunities to children and adults with intellectual disabilities. But Special Olympics is about more than sports. Everyone deserves a chance at a happy and purposeful life. Yet people with intellectual disabilities face doubt, barriers and low expectations. For many, Special Olympics is the only place where they find an opportunity to participate in their communities, develop belief in themselves and feel like champions.
Together, we can make a difference!